"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

"I can say that i really do live like I am dying and its good to live that way. You live to the fullest, you live honestly and you don't miss any opportunity that comes your way and you shouldn't, I don't."- Courtneylee

Monday, April 5, 2010

Work . . Work. . Work. .

Proposals, Meetings, Phone Calls, Commercials, Production, Avails, Stratagies, Goals and Deadlines echo through my mind . .  I love my job ! Working in the television industry has many perks but is in high demand and can come off as stressful but I enjoy the rush! I stay very entertained and I also find so many ways to entertain myself. I enjoy every corner of my job and love to be very involved. I care so much about each one of my clients it is so much fun to make each one feel so important ! Just wanted to share a walk through of a day at ABC with you !
Wake up 6 am and begin my day, not always a morning person
So I must have my coffee in the mornings. Everyday I go to the same coffee hut in Anchorage. Its nice to have your coffee ready before you even get there. Makes you feel special. Then I start to think how happy that made me feel so I begin to wonder how I can make someone else feel as important in my goal for the day.
In the Mornings, I map out my goal for the day/week. I usually schedule all my appointments in the morning and view my schedule for the day. I have learned to become VERY organized, but I enjoy organization so it makes work more enjoyable and fun.
On a busy day, I stay busy working on scripts, and being very involved in production needs. I try to make something as big as production easy on my clients, that way its exciting for them. I do everything from co-direct with our production team, to script creation or commercial layout- and yes sometimes I do get to join in; depends on what were doing!
I have done voice-overs. . .
And Charity Events. .

And look forward to getting my seat at the big table soon enough !

No comments:

Post a Comment